Revelation 17:14 NIV
They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."
September 29, 2009
My best friend, husband, hero and soldier....
Sean, Basic Combat Training-Fort Jackson, SC
Sean has 34 days of basic training left. I last talked to him on Sunday and I can really tell he's doing good by the sound of his enthusiastic voice. There had been a horrible cold going around but he must have been over it cause he didn't sound sick anymore. He got through the gas chamber Okay.. said it was horrible but he tried to stay calm. Several people were trying to escape only to be tackled by a Drill Sergeant; many people also were throwing up or foaming at the mouth. They were in there for over 6 minutes... and by the sounds of it his platoon is one of the toughest, all the others only required to be in the chamber for 4 minutes. One of the common things I'm hearing people say about Basic Training is "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
It's looking as though Sean will have to be at Fort Leonard Wood, MO on November 2nd. His graduation for Basic Training is suppose to be November 6th. We are pretty bummed as he's worked sooo hard and is doing so well. It would have been a great experience to see him graduate with all the other Soldiers. I've been reading about what it's like there and it sounds like it's really something to look forward to. So, I'm planning on meeting him in Missouri on November 6th (he will only have week ends off ) with all the kids and my sister Mallori :o) Can't WAIT, but trying really hard to be patient!
No comments:
Post a Comment