So, 3rd day back to my work outs... I know some of you made the lifestyle change years ago... and some of you have always been active so this is no big deal to you. I used to be big into Insanity, running, eating healthy, staying active after my third child was born. I was determined to get back in shape, which I did. I got down to the lowest weight I had been since high school. I never thought in a million years I would let myself go again. Well, I did... we moved to the desert... I did a round of Turbo Fire and kept running. I only got up to about 6 miles a run when the scorching summer heat arrived. I gave up running when I could no longer get up early enough to escape the heat. I burnt out on Insanity and got busy with life. My house was too small for a treadmill and I had a million excuses why I had better things to do. I thought I could keep the weight off by just eating healthy and drinking shakes.. I got tired of making shakes. I wanted REAL food! The desert heat was depressing, I had no adventurous/outdoorsy friends to hang out with. I was at a pity party and just plain old lazy. One excuse led to another.... until I had gained the most weight I had ever gained while not being pregnant. Last week I looked up a Shaun T. video on youtube. That's all it took, one breaking moment when I was reminded by him... that --I am the only person that can motivate me!-- NO ONE ELSE can help me!! I broke down on my living room floor and cried out to my savior. "Lord, I know I need to feel good about me, so that I can be the best wife and mom that I can be, HELP me!" I was beginning to fail. My energy levels could not keep up with the demands of being a housewife and a homeschool mom and a small business owner. My house was a mess, I wasn't spending enough time with my kids or my husband, and the energy I did have was spent just getting by. I couldn't keep up with anything. I had too many irons in the fire and I was waiting, waiting for what? Waiting for the weight to fall off on it's own!? I would think thoughts like this... "Maybe If I eat less, maybe if I stress enough, maybe if I ignore it.... no, maybe if I'm busy enough working, I'll just burn enough calories.. that's it.. I'll just stay busy" Did that work? Nope.. nothing happens on it's own. As much as we just wish that some problems didn't exist, they are real problems. Yes, gaining weight is a problem to me. If I can't successfully take care of my family and have energy to do the things I really want to do or keep up with the things my family want to do.... It's a problem! One last thing... I went to pick up a couple summer shirts at Maurices. I tried on 2 tops and 2 pairs of pants that were sizes I should have fit in just months ago.... but they didn't. Instead of grabbing yet a bigger size, I put all my items back and vowed not to buy a single piece of clothing until I lose my first 10 pounds! I have 13 to 15 pounds to lose. (Yes, I know not all sizes are accurate, they are just a number but I know what I looked and felt like) SO-----
LIFESTYLE-- that's it.. it HAS to be a lifestyle change. I began to remember all the things that I had to do the last time, to get back in the routine.
1. Pick a work out
2. Make a grocery list
3. Hang my work out schedule on the wall
4. Take my measurements and make a goal
5. Download my Calorie Counting App "My Fitness Pal"
6. Find a work out buddy ( I found THREE)
7. Make sure I have comfortable work out clothes and shoes!
8. Vow to never give up!!
Life is too short to spend it moping around. Now I don't want to come off mean, I am sure there are a lot of people that are heavier than me that are perfectly happy! Don't take me wrong. You should be happy with the way God made you. But for me... I knew I could feel better and have more energy. I not only want to have energy but I want to be fit. My husband and I go hunting together. I don't want to be the one back at the truck because I can't keep up. (I'll never totally be able to keep up with him, he's a beast and can go forever!!!) But I want to feel good while I'm at it! I finally have the mental strength again. I knew once I started, I could do it. Getting started and talking myself into it, was seriously the hardest part! I was overwhelmed with the process, and my house, and my looks, and the way I felt. But once I made the decision, there was no turning back! Three days later and I'm already feeling on top of the world. Because I have a goal and a plan. Seriously, the endorphins that are released from pushing to a high heart rate.. are like a high to me. I instantly have energy to clean and to be motivated about life! I am so excited to start this journey once again! I hope and pray that this time, I can keep it going for good. I am still not sure why I quit the last time.
I encourage you, if you're tired of the same old work out. Fined something new! Switch it up... find something you love and never give up! YOU CAN DO IT! Rock on!
If you want to follow my adventure again, follow my blog. Also, let me know what helped YOU to get back on track!! I would love to know! <3 p="">
Sheila <><3>
If you want to follow my adventure again, follow my blog. Also, let me know what helped YOU to get back on track!! I would love to know! <3 p="">
Sheila <><3>

No comments:
Post a Comment