Today was a great day at church. We had good fellowship, encouragement, Bible reading, Prayer and yummy muffins made by Caitlin! We also finished our study of Jeremiah.
Our class is celebrating one year next week end. The new name of our group is now "The Overcomers"
From our Facebook page-
Our class is celebrating one year next week end. The new name of our group is now "The Overcomers"
From our Facebook page-
We call ourselves "The Overcomers," taken from 1 John 5:4-5. Because we are God's children, we can overcome the obstacles of daily living with God's grace and guidance while being separated from ones we love.
Description- Women of Deployed Soldiers Class at Skyline Baptist Church in Killeen, TX I haven't been with them for quite a year but it's been an amazing journey. We've gotten to be close friends and sisters in Christ. Being able to share everything from our joys to our troubles. Most of all we've grown in the Lord. I am thankful to my friend Kathryn Loudermilk for introducing me to this wonderful church. Skyline has been a great place for me to be during my husbands deployment. I look forward to introducing Sean to my church as soon as he gets home :) I hope and pray he loves it as much as I do! Our Pastor, Kenny Rawls and a team from our church just got back from their mission trip to Brazil and we were able to hear several great stories and testimonies of their trip this morning! It sounds like many people found Jesus and they were able to start their second church over there. I hope some day I'll be able to have that same opportunity. Kids all dressed up for church.....Stetson has two cowlicks that just will not cooperate. They were actually combed down for church.. this was after playing at church for almost three hours! But I love his new hair cut.. see how short it is in the back. After church I decided I better hurry and grill up some salmon that I had thawed out yesterday. After the power outage we had from some local fires my refridgerator had been off for several hours. I had to then put the salmon back in the freezer so that it wouldn't get warm. Well, I found a recipe that I had to alter just a tad since I don't have any rum in the house. But it turned out amazing!!! And if you want the recipe, let me know! This was my first time making salmon period and I would say on a scale from one to ten.. it was a nine... only because I MAY have over cooked it a tad.. but I'm not sure. The thick spots were just a little dry. But that might be because I spilled a little of the sauce that I put on top. I cut my own slab of cedar to give it a little smoked flavoring. Even the kids liked it :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment