I was waiting until I was completely moved to write this post. I think up until this point I've been holding it all inside. It's been two weeks today that the kids and I have been in our new home. I drove over to our old home today to put the garbage out one last time.. only someone had already done it. I'm assuming since there was a "For Lease" sign in the yard that the rental agency did it for me. I also stopped to check the mail one last time. I looked over my shoulder and glanced back at what used to be our "home" and a tear ran down my cheek as I realized all the memories I was leaving behind. It's been one year since we moved to Ft. Hood/Killen, TX. Coming here was the beginning of a new chapter in our life. I thought I was used to change by now. .. but it's hard to reminisce and not get choked up. I try to remember that it's not the house you live in but the family inside that makes it a "home". Ever since Sean has been overseas I feel as though a piece of our family is missing. Yes, we get to talk on skype and I'm so truely blessed that we've been able to talk almost every single day! I like to think that I'm strong... and again, I know the Lord has given me strength, but there is nothing easy about being an Army Wife. I'm not sure one ever get's use to change. As hard as the Army life can be... I'm beginning to see why some families stay in it. There is a sense of pride... as corrupt as our country is... with ALL my heart, I have to say, I am PROUD of our country and all the Men and Woman who are fighting for it. I don't think I ever truly understood how much the families sacrificed until we became one of those families. I feel like it's petty to even be sad about leaving a house that wasn't even ours. It's just a house. Here's a few things though that cross my mind :)
This was our first "house" together. This is where Colton learned to ride his bike before he turned 4. Stetson turned 1 and Colton turned 4 here. Carley 3 and I turned 30. This was the first place we lived with Daddy after he become a United States Soldier. This was the last place Sean and I slept in the same room. This was where Stetson learned to crawl, walk and talk. Also, where we got our first family dog. Every one of us grew in some way.
I know even though we only spent 4 months together in the last 12... that Sean and I are more in Love today than the day he left. We look forward to spending this Easter together in our new "home" :) I also like to think that with all the amazing memories we have... the best are yet to come. We look forward to what the next year has to bring and are excited about the money we'll now be saving living on the Army Post.
This was our first "house" together. This is where Colton learned to ride his bike before he turned 4. Stetson turned 1 and Colton turned 4 here. Carley 3 and I turned 30. This was the first place we lived with Daddy after he become a United States Soldier. This was the last place Sean and I slept in the same room. This was where Stetson learned to crawl, walk and talk. Also, where we got our first family dog. Every one of us grew in some way.
I know even though we only spent 4 months together in the last 12... that Sean and I are more in Love today than the day he left. We look forward to spending this Easter together in our new "home" :) I also like to think that with all the amazing memories we have... the best are yet to come. We look forward to what the next year has to bring and are excited about the money we'll now be saving living on the Army Post.
| moved from top to bottom off to on post |
I just have to say this post made me cry! And as I sit here today in the midst of a disagreement with my hubby I realize how petty I am being. How much more there could be to cause strain! You are an inspiration and I draw strength from your strength. You are amazing. I hope to someday be as strong a woman, wife and mother as you are.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you and Sean and your beautiful babies. And thank you so much for your sacrifices.
Love
Wendy