October 23, 2010

My first ACU BAG!!!!

Ok.. so I got a babysitter and went to a sewing class. I of course could have saved 30.00 and figured this out on my own by watching youtube video or reading directions off of paper...  but my amazing husband encouraged me to get out for the day and do something fun and learn how to do it RIGHT!  SOOO glad I listened and took the time to learn.  I made this amazing little diaper bag/big purse, whatever you want to call it. I just need to get all of Sean's patches on it so it'll look like a real ARMY WIFE bag.  Since my machine doesn't embroider I am going to get the name tags done with blue matching thread.  Then of course on the large velcro pockets I'll have the 1st Cavalry patch.




(Click Image to enlarge)
This is the front that will have "KING" on the left and maybe ARMY WIFE on the right



 There are two slanted pockets you can't see very good.   The center patch is for their rank but I 
could also put something else there instead.

this is the back that will have the Cavalry Patches


 And the inside has one large pocket on the left and on the right I took one 
really big pocket and made two small pockets and a pen holder pocket.  The straps are made
of name tag strap that i can get from the military surplus stores.. I just added my own fabric to the 
back side, the inside of the bag is lined with fusable badding.

I have several more to make so let the orders begin!!!!
Email me if your interested sheilah@wiktel.com  For those of you NOT in the militray I could skip the outside velcro patches.

2 comments: