October 24, 2010

much to be thankful for......

I woke up to one of my worst nightmares this morning...   I got up two hours early to get ready for church, was looking forward to taking the kids to cowboy church.  Colton was excited to wear his new cowboy boots and bibs. I was feeling refreshed and happy (got my hair done last night, thanks to TIFFANY)... but I went to the bathroom and to my surprise I saw three maggots on the bathroom floor... since this had happened before I looked out the bathroom (yes, the door was open) and could see my kitchen floor covered in them!  I felt like crying... but called my friend Michelle and told her we would NOT be making it to church. I got everything cleaned up about the time we would have been leaving.   WEll, the devil got his way and the King family did NOT attend church. I still have not had time to read my bible as I was sore and exhausted and decided to take an afternoon nap after talking with Sean . I decided amongst all my problems today whether it be creepy crawly little worms all over my house to a crabby teething baby or a 4 year old pestering me ALL  DAY LONG to go play with the neighbor kids... I could still be happy and  TRY to enjoy my day.   On the bright side..... my laundry room, bathroom, garbage closet, kitchen and dining room are all bleached and smelling wonderful!!!!!!!  The neighbor girls even came and helped me clean upstairs and vacuumed the whole house... and the neighbor boy cleaned up my back yard.  I kept thinking the Rental agency was going to show up today.. since I called and talked to Will on their emergency line this morning and told him all about my problem.  I guess they'll come tomorrow!  Anyway... I'm beginning to wonder if this is a sign from GOD.  See, I've been debating weather to move on post or not... and guess what the first thing to pop into my head was this morning?  YES.. you got it...  moving!  BUT Sean is gone and I'd have to do all the packing myself.  We've been here 7 months and I still feel like I just got settled in.. still making curtains and hanging pictures! LOL   Anyway.. grandma Doris says if it's meant to be all the right doors will be opened and if not, they will be closed.  I think I'm going to go talk to housing this week just to see what's available.  If there is something in Kouma Village I may take the plunge!  Also, of course my wonderful army wife friends have already offered to help me move!  One of the reasons for moving would be to save around 300.00 a month.

Anyway... evening is falling... and it's time for me to read my bible.   This song just came on KLOVE and it brought tears to my eyes.  Always, what I need to hear, when I hear it! I will forever support this great station :o)

I miss Sean like crazy today....only got to talk to him for a few minutes, his internet was down last night.. so hopefully it'll work tonight and we'll be able to talk more.   I know I have friends going through much worse things right now....like this is so minor.  I am sure everyone has these days though, where you feel everything is against you.  But you know what? My God is huge and nothing can come between US!  I love you Jesus and thank you so much that I have a home that is filled with little blond blessings running everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are one inspiring, strong woman!!! Call me when you get a chance...My stress involved with college doesn't seem so bad, after reading about your fridge problems. :p I sure hope your landlord shows up in the morning... Maybe they'll let you get out of your rental contract because of the mess? Praying for you, I love you!!! - L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually If I present Sean's orders I can get out of the contract whenever I want. Thank you Lacey, I hope your college gets easier or you just keep getting smarter and faster! You've come so far, focus on that... not what's ahead! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete