August 30, 2010

Part 3



On the way home from Cody, Wyoming we decided to take the scenic route through Montana and go North.  Seriously if any of you think my parents live in the middle of NOWHERE!  You have to drive out there....   I mean... rolling hills and open land... we drove miles without seeing a cow or a horse!   We even stopped in this small town about the size of Lake Bronson, MN... maybe smaller... the topic in the gas station consisted of 10 beef steers at the local fair... which had been up since the last few when there had only been 2-4....   the lady who did all the talking had been working all day at the fair for over 10 hours and then to work at the local gas station for the night.  I've never heard anyone so proud of her county.  She bragged about the bread she had made for the bake sale and all the help she did with the younger kids.  She could have gone on for hours telling us how great her little fair was.  We actually ordered our dinner in this little town.  Homemade burgers and fries filled our tummies...while we listened in on the small town gossip...    hmm.. this sounds familiar.. oh yeah, that's because I am from a small town!   One doesn't forget the little things in life that you actually miss from time to time. I actually miss going to the Kittson County fair...   and I look forward to the day our kids are making projects at the last minute and were volunteering to paint benches and bake pies.  As a mom, I finally understand why PARENTS do the things they do.  There is NOTHING in this world more exciting to me than seeing the faces of my children light up with excitement. Being back on my parents ranch and taking the kids on horseback rides was one of those times.  Also, because maybe horses were my first love.  I'm hoping that one day they'll follow my footsteps.  


We celebrated Colton and Mallori's bday together
Colton's was on August 12 and Mallori's on the 10th!







This is my beautiful sister Katrice and her little man Will!


We got to visit my Grandpa Floyds grave site... I still miss that man every day!

This is Hudson, my new little brother and Stetson's cousin :)                                                                                                   

My handsome dad with his two youngest grandsons!

Beams from the twin towers in NY.
International Peace Garden

                            Colton and Kenai

These last three pictures are from the International Peace Gardens.  We had to stop there because we were so close.  I had lived there with my parents when my dad worked at the Customs station as a Customs inspector.  We moved there after moving back from California where my dad had previously been a Border Patrol.   So, I got to see the house we lived in and make the walk around the beautiful garden.  We drove the 6 miles loope around the outside as well.. and it brought back vivid memories of when my dad used to go running and I'd trail behind on my bike.  I actually don't remember exactly how I kept up.. but it must have been a bike because I was only about 6 years old I know I couldn't run as fast as him!  But the trails were just as I had remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment