June 04, 2010

reality........

 Colton 3 1/2
 Carley 2
Stetson 8 1/2 months
 Enjoying a snooze together!!

I've been hoping to get some neat idea for a blog post this time...and since I haven't gotten anything I've been putting it off.

As much as I have to be thankful for the last few days I've really been down, at first I wasn't really sure why.  Things are going good...  Sean's about to get promoted, the kids are doing well... I have a couple of new friends... our neighbors are really nice...and my kids have new friends as well, everyone is healthy~  We started going to a pool.. that is perfect for little ones.  My sister Ashlee is coming to visit next week.  I am sooo excited for that.. except for the part of Sean being gone for three weeks. He leaves the same day she comes to do his last training before leaving for Iraq.

Well, yesterday I heard Sean talking to my brother-in-law on the phone and he was explaining to him a little about what it will be like in Iraq.. as far as his job.   He said something that really caught me off guard.  I know he had told me before, but it felt like I was hearing it for the first time.  He said that his unit that was suppose to be Charlie company got attached to HHC company.  It's a Combat Engineer unit. Which means they look for IEDs..... the explosive devices...............   because Sean is a mechanic for this group of guys.. there is a good possibility that he'll have to ride along with them at times in the rear of the care-van.   Not necessarily looking for them.. but he has to help fix whatever equipment of theirs breaks down.  Please, please pray that he can stay on the base and fix equipment... the more traveling and riding around the higher the chances of something happening.   He wont really know until he gets there how it will all work out and what his specific job will be.   I'm trying really hard not worry... and I'm realizing we don't have much time left together.  He leaves sometime in September and this summer is just going way too fast.   I can't help but think about it all too often.

on a brighter note....     we are having fun together.  Nothing too exciting as far as going out and doing stuff.  We like to just be home with the kids... playing together, watching movies, working in the yard.. etc...  mostly we enjoy watching our children learn new things.  Little Stetson has been crawling ALL over the place.. he is learning something new every day!  He can now pull himself up on flat surfaces such as the sliding glass doors to look outside.  He makes very silly faces and is figuring out that it makes us laugh.  He also gives kisses now.  Yesterday he stood up on his own for 5 seconds.  He acts as if he wants to take off walking but I highly doubt he's ready.  My sister Ashlee walked at 8 months old and I can't imagine any baby walking who is that tiny still... it'd be so weird! Colton walked 2 days before he turned 10 months.. so literally he was still 9 months. Carley was 10 almost 11 months when she walked.  So, it's always interesting to see when it will be for the next.  I'm comparing but not really... it really doesn't matter... they all do everything when they are good and ready.  Plus the sooner he walks the more work for me.. he's already getting into stuff.  but nothing bad yet.. just have to watch him for getting in another room and getting lost and/or putting stuff in his mouth!  I don't have any little pieces of toys but he'll find something.. lately it's the little white rubber piece at the end of the door stoppers.. yeah.. he takes them off the springy thing and eats them!!!

Click here  for video MAY 2010  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWzldSIHfMU

I am looking forward to seeing "letters to Juliet" tonight with the girls.   Sean is going to watch all three kids... I can't wait to have some mommy time~~  I just wish one of these days it could be Sean and I doing something alone :)  Maybe soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment