August 21, 2009

On our new adventure....finding out sex of baby... saying goodbye to Sean and driving to MINNESOTA!

Here are a few pictures from right before Sean left for basic training.... I have more pictures coming of the last night I saw him in Sacramento. My mom and sisters (Jessica, Whitney and Kaylee) flew out here last Saturday morning, we dropped Sean off at Sgt. Catlet's office in Placerville on Sunday and then drove on to Modesto to stay the night with our friends, Les and Stephanie. We drove back on Monday night and had dinner with Sean at the Cheesecake Factory. He didn't actually fly out until Tuesday morning. While we were there waiting for our food we opened up the sealed envelope with our baby's ultra-sound picture and were pleasantly surprised to see that it is another boy! His name is Stetson Travis King! Actually, we both had a hunch it was a boy... we are just so excited and of course it really didn't matter to us .. we would have loved another girl as well. Since I'm not sure I'll be able to talk to Sean much at all during his BCT we thought it would be fun to find out together! I'm only 35 weeks in this picture... the last picture I posted was wrong.. my midwife saw me and confirmed that my ultra-sound due date is September 4th. So in the last picture I was probably two weeks earlier.

I'm really looking forward to having another newborn. But at the same time I'm not looking forward to having Stetson without Sean there. I'm sure it will go fine... I know I can do it... I'll just miss him a lot. Sean is such a hands-on Dad tending to me and the babies. But most of all I guess I'll just miss HIM!



Thank goodness I'll have my mom and sisters to help... it will be really fun. I finally got a new video camera, the new Sony Handy Cam 60 GB hard disc drive... I'll be able to post videos now of the kids and am looking forward to making a nice birth video since Sean is missing the birth. No worries, it wont be on YOUTUBE!

Well, the Lord has really blessed us... it seems with all the chaos the last couple of weeks with moving out of our house and selling everything... He worked it out perfectly. We had so many friends that helped with moving the house and doing all the dirty work of clean up , etc... we are so thankful. I have to say I think my husband has the best friends in the world!!! He stayed up several nights with NO sleep trying to get that house ready to move... and on top of that he had to be online finishing some courses so that he could join as an E2 instead of an E1... which he finished on Friday morning at 4:45 am......took the tests Friday morning at 9 am. Most of last week I didn't even see him. He passed all that and also passed his PT test. I just know he'll do awesome! For not having much time to run and work out.. he finished his run with two minutes to spare! So, back to what else the Lord has done.... he got my family out here safe! Our friends, John and Debbie took our last horse and John is going to finish breaking him so that he'll sell... John is also helping Sean pick up his last three cords of firewood to sell. We sold our Toyota Turcel to their son, Stephen. Our storage shed is packed FULL, and last but not least I finally got a new mini-van! We actually had room for Mom and I and all five kids plus all of my stuff! I can even see out my back window!

Last night we stayed in Spearfish, SD.. the kids got to go swimming and we ordered pizza to our room. I'm up now cause Carley woke up and I was too awake to sleep. We are packing up and getting back on the road within the next hour. Should be back home on the ranch tonight! Looking forward to seeing everyone! I'll be posting pictures from our trip soon! Little Stetson is ready to see his new world.... I am having a lot of strong braxton hicks... my feet are swelling a lot...for the first time... (the car ride I'm sure and salty snacky foods) but he is very low and causing a lot of discomfort! But still I have to say.. I love being pregnant and feeling a little life inside of me.. nothing short of a miracle!


Oh, one last thing.. Sean just found out that with so many dependants, we qualify for off-base housing with more bedrooms and a higher housing allowance! Praise the LORD again!

Until next time~Sheila

1 comment:

  1. It was such a fun trip. Glad everything worked out so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete