January 11, 2011

Sewing a purse from a Uniform!

well, I've been sewing purses now since last fall.  I finally got to try something other than an ACU.
This is a Coast Guard Brag bag.   I love using used uniforms and making someone in that family a purse that their son/husband has actually worn!  This one in particular was worn by Andrew Gordon one of my husband's best friends. I'm very close with his mother and had so much joy making this for her!  If you know her.. please don't tell her that this is in the mail!  I wish pretty badly that I could give it to her in person as I know it will bring her tears of happiness.  For her son is so dear to her heart and she misses him when he's gone. They live all the way in Placerville, CA and he's stationed at Cape May, NJ!  Can't get much farther apart than that and still be in the US.

I didn't have any ribbon , so I settled for ric rac and I think it added just the right touch of femininity.

I'm going to try and make a matching Bible Case cover for his dad.  Can't leave him out :)





No comments:

Post a Comment