September 30, 2010

not to brag but to inspire!

Today is rather a blah day in the King home.   I had plans to attend a new bible study with my friend Tara Head.  But Carley came down hard with whatever Colton had last week.  He's finally better but she has a very soar throat and fever!  It's been an easy day with Carley laid up.  The other two seem to be tired as well so there is not a lot of commotion.

Monday I started Insanity again!  I still have about 5 pounds to lose to be to my goal.  That will  actually be the weight I was when I got married. Although I should look better because I've gained a lot of muscle.  I think even though the scale says I'm not there yet I am in better shape than I've ever been in my life! And my measurements prove it!  I had no idea being fit could feel so great!  I have energy and feel better about myself. I'm telling you this not to brag but to inspire!!!  If I can do this and be motivated than YOU can too!  I for one am NOT a morning person... although the more I get up early and do this the more I enjoy it.  It's kind of my "Mommy time" and if I am really fast I can eat breakfast and read my Bible before they wake up as well.  What a wonderful way to start your day!  If I don't get all that done..I feel as though my day is behind from the moment I get out of bed.  The exercise actually, believe it or not, gives me more energy and motivation to get through my day and accomplish all that I have to get done.

I am still considering becoming a beach body coach. I'd like to make a little money while being a SAHM.  I wanted to make sure I have time for sewing and scrap booking as well... but hopefully it can just be a part time job at first. Also, with being able to do pictures on Shutterfly I wont have to spend near as much time scrap booking all my pictures!

Since Sean has left almost 3 weeks ago.. I think I'm beginning to adjust to a new routine.  I'm getting up earlier, which means the kids get up a little earier as well and we can go to bed at a better time.  Sean comes on skype every morning and every night.  Our time difference is 8 hours... which is weird..Cause when I go to sleep on Friday he's just waking up on Saturday!  I can not imagine what it was like back during WW2 or Vietnam when couples couldn't talk very ofter if at all!!! So, I feel very blessed we have the communication we do.   Even now there are woman who get very short phone calls and short conference calls. That has got to be so hard!!!  They have an awesome program where soldiers over seas can read a book and have it video recorded.  We have received three books with DVD's of Sean reading to the kids!  Colton loves to follow along with him.  And it's great for the others to see him as well.  The skype calls are never very clear.

I miss you babe, your are the world to me and I can't imagine what the day will be like when you return.  I pray for you daily, that you can stay strong and your time will go fast! I have total Faith that Jesus is with you and protecting you.  I am so glad I don't have to worry and carry that weight.

Lord you are amazing... I love you with all my heart and am open to whatever your Will is for our lives.  Thank you for comforting me and giving me peace in this situation.  I thank you for my husband and the sacrifice he is willing to make for our country and our family!  Lord thank you for our three wonderful blessings and the love I have for them and the joy that they bring to this world.  Thank you for comforting them and giving them strength through this separation as well.   I know God that you are our TRUE Father... Help us to always remember it's ALL about you, not just the here and now.   Help us to look to the future and live life to it's fullest.  Help us to grow in Faith and be stronger through everything.  That we may LOVE you more! Give me courage and strength to teach my children and discipline them in a way that is honoring to YOU.   Thank you for giving us life and loving us.  We love YOU Father.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Sheila,
    you are truly inspirational, your faith is remarkable for someone so young! May God bless you and your little family!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alicia! I am still learning each and every day to trust HIM. I have a long way to go :)

    ReplyDelete