May 04, 2010

My new dress.............


So, OK... after like 14 years of not sewing.. I was inspired by a friend to start sewing again!  I've been wanting to get started since I got a new "Janome" machine but my plan was to get all the curtains done in my house before attempting a dress.  BUT  it slowly came back to me.. it took me two days, but here it is!  I just have to finish hemming it and add a zipper to the back. I think I'll change the bow to black!  What do you think?   These pictures are from my cell phone.. so not real clear!  BTW.. I LOVE my new machine... so far it's great!

4 comments:

  1. It turned out SO good!!! I like the bow you have. I want to see a pic with you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!...YES, a picture with you wearing it would be way cool!!! Good job girl!!! Go Sheila.....

    Stephanie D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Please post a pic of you wearing it as soon as you can! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Good job on the dress, can't wait to see it on you :) Now you'll be sewing all the time! It's beautiful, it really is. ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete