November 11, 2009

Trip to Fort Jackson~ Family Reunion

1st Battalion 13th Infantry Regiment, E Company, 2nd Platoon- "Outlaws".....
Saying goodbye.......


The kids and I had a wonderful four days with Sean. My sweet sister, Jessica, came with me to help with the kids. I could not have traveled almost 4000 miles without her! I won't go on about how long and hard the trip was... I'll just say, we made it there safe and sound!
We got to Fort Jackson Wednesday night and checked into our hotel room. I left Jess with the two older kids and headed to post to get a weekend pass. To my surprise, while pulled over and nursing Stetson, Sean called!!! YIPPEE........... I hadn't heard from him since before I left for the trip. He had no idea how it was going or where I was! I said, "Guess what.... ??? I'm HERE!" He said, "NO WAY! You should drive by..." Well, we kept trying to make plans to see each other somehow... his plan was quite possible... He said I should walk by and ask directions while he took out the trash! But, we figured it wouldn't be worth losing family day privileges or not being able to graduate all together! So............... yes, I had to wait until 10 am the next day to see him. We got there early and had to wait a couple of hours, sit through a briefing and then go outside to find our soldiers among 1400 others. Good thing we have cell phones or I would never have been able to find him. When we first spotted each other I have to say it was like something in a movie.. (well, for me anyway) it was like I was seeing the man of my dreams for the very first time! (remember I've only seen one blurry picture of him the whole time!!!!!!!!) He was amazingly handsome! The worst part, was being a military wife.... or girlfriend.. we can't show public affection. So we had to keep that to a minimal hug... UGHHHHH!!!!!! So ... that had to wait! We had a wonderful day just driving around post talking. It was very surreal for me..... I was thinking, "THIS IS IT! I'm an official army wife... am I ready for this?????? Everyone is so strict and proper. I'm a farm girl who loves her man... willing to support him through everything." Does this mean I HAVE to learn the Army way? I'm already learning a lot of acronyms, etc... but there is so much it's overwhelming. I suppose I will catch on soon.
After waiting in line forever to get our lunch at Taco Bell, we put the kids in the van for their nap and drove around post for a couple of hours. After they woke up we took them to the park where Sean was able to interact with them for a couple more hours. Sean had to be back to the barracks by 19:30. Then, wake early for graduation the next day. That was fun as well.. but of course we had to get there OVER an hour early.. so the kids were great until right when it started. Oh well.. such is life.... kids jumping around, screaming, fighting, crying, laughing, talking and just being kids! Gotta love 'em! As soon as it was over I drove over to Sean's barracks where we waited for him to bring all his things out. We loaded everything up and took off for Georgia. We spent the night at my aunt Karen's house and then headed to MO the next day... we got two hotel rooms in Kentucky... one for Jess and the kids and one for Sean and I and Stetson. The next day we drove to Fort Leonard Wood, MO... not sure it was going to be our final goodbye or not. We found Sean's barracks, checked him in and then we ate dinner together, but unfortunately, he had to stay and we had to get a hotel off post. Saying goodbye was not fun of ... because after talking to one of the sergeants he said Sean couldn't get weekend passes for at least three weeks! But we also found out that he'll probably get a few days off for Thanksgiving. So, that will be my next trip down, even if I can only visit him on post it's better than nothing and I CANNOT WAIT!

Anyway... I'm glad to be off the road, rested up and ready to start running again. Hopefully this beautiful weather keeps coming.
Sean was so excited to see his new son! He loves his children so very much, it breaks his heart not to be with them every day as they are growing, changing, and doing new things all the time. Colton and Carley were both all over him with constant hugs, kisses and jabbering about everything! It was so nice to have Daddy back for a little while.
We love you Daddy.... see you soon :-)
PS. Sean will be starting his actual AIT on Tuesday. He has nine weeks of training and then another two weeks more of combat training after graduation. So, he'll be done late January.
Slideshow coming soon.....




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and the kids got to see Sean! I know it seems like you can't wait any longer to see him again, but Thanksgiving will be here really soon!

    ReplyDelete